Using the Excel.Application com object in Powershell won't save a file through the task scheduler for automation. It's likely a DCOM permissions issue. Automating Excel is sometimes fraught with peril... The only way I've found around issues such as this is to set Excel to run as a specific user through DCOM permissions.
A few years ago in a past life I performed an Active Directory migration from a 2003 functional level to 2008 R2 with ADMT 3.2 accompanied by an Exchange 2007 to 2010 migration. The only problem I ran into was that the old X500 addresses for the mailboxes aren't migrated to the new mail system. […]
After spending significant time Googling for an easy way to report IIS traffic on a per server basis and coming up empty handed I have decided to write my own Powershell script that will report web traffic server-wide, site-wide, chart images and automatically email it. The real magic behind it is Microsoft's Log Parser. The query I have […]
Recently I had the impulse to populate existing AD user object property fields with phone numbers, titles, companies, and office; however, I wanted to use PowerShell to bulk import instead of the old ldifde method or manual labor. It was actually quite easy, but it does require some time massaging the CSV file in Excel.
I wrote this PowerShell script last year when I wanted to automate the report of Active Directory user objects with Windows PowerShell. It was written with the intention of reporting the user objects within specific organizational units (OU) in two AD domains. Since there are multiple exported files during this process, I concatenated the separate files into one file by throwing them through the Import-CSV function. And finally, the merged file is emailed to the users who require viewing the file. You can create a new scheduled task in the OS to execute the script as often as you'd like.