there could be any number of reasons for needing to flash manufacturer stock oem firmware on a samsung galaxy s9 or s9+. the most common reason for flashing stock firmware is un-rooting the phone in order to get back to the factory settings so that you may receive ota updates once again; or if you’ve installed a custom rom but it fell short of your expectations, in which case you’ll likely want to revert back to stock. whatever your reason for wanting stock firmware, the phone carriers don’t just provide public downloads for their flagship phones (or any phones), hence the reason you found yourself at a third party site like sysinfo.io. after searching across the internet for these resources only to find myself deep in click-bait piece of shit websites, i knew that i had to help the public out and provide those resources 100% free. if you do download firmware, the only thing i ask is please click on an ad. the revenue that sysinfo.io advertisements generate is not much at all (< $50/yr), so i would greatly appreciate your help.Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Stock Firmware Downloads
|name||model #||region||csc (carrier)||filename (pda/ap/csc)|
|galaxy s9+||sm-g965f||india||ins||G965FXXU1ARC5_G965FOXM1ARC4_INS.zip (53 downloads)|
|galaxy s9+||sm-g965f||united kingdom / ireland||xeu||G965FXXU1ARC5_G965FOXM1ARC4_XEU.zip (48 downloads)|
|galaxy s9+||sm-g965u||carrier unlocked u.s. model||xas (sprint)||SPR-G965USQU1ARB7-20180312154033.zip (29 downloads)|
|galaxy s9+||sm-g965u||carrier unlocked u.s. model||tmb (t-mobile)||TMB-G965USQU1ARBG-20180313100323.zip (28 downloads)|
|galaxy s9+||sm-g965u||carrier unlocked u.s. model||vzw (verizon)||VZW-G965USQU1ARBG-20180310110309.zip (27 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960u1||factory unlocked u.s. model||n/a||AIO-G960U1UEU1ARBG-20180313074830.zip (80 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960u||carrier unlocked u.s. model||bst (boost mobile)||BST-G960USQU1ARB7-20180308093410.zip (69 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960f||india||ins||G960FXXU1ARC5_G960FOXM1ARC4_INS.zip (62 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960f||united kingdom / ireland||xeu||G960FXXU1ARC5_G960FOXM1ARC4_XEU.zip (61 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960u1||factory unlocked u.s. model||tfn (tracfone)||TFN-G960U1UEU1ARBG-20180313074930.zip (32 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960u||carrier unlocked u.s. model||tmb (t-mobile)||TMB-G960USQU1ARB7-20180313072207.zip (46 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960u||carrier unlocked u.s. model||tmb (t-mobile)||TMB-G960USQU1ARBG-20180313072156.zip (30 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960u||carrier unlocked u.s. model||vmu (virgin mobile)||VMU-G960USQU1ARB7-20180308093812.zip (20 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960u||carrier unlocked u.s. model||vzw (verizon)||VZW-G960USQU1ARBG-20180310110319.zip (25 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960u1||factory unlocked u.s. model||xaa (unlocked u.s.)||XAA-G960U1UEU3CSA8-20190218140640.zip (30 downloads)|
|galaxy s9||sm-g960u1||factory unlocked u.s. model||aio (cricket)||AIO-G960U1UEU3CSA8-20190218140430.zip (59 downloads)|
acg = c spire
aio = cricket
att = at&t
bst = boost
cct = xfinity mobile
spr = sprint
tfn = tracfone
tmb = t-mobile
tmk = metropcs
usc = us cellular
vmu = virgin mobile
vzw = verizon
xaa = unlocked us
xas = sprint
xeu = united kingdom / ireland
if your phone is not working in an orthodox fashion, having random reboots, lagging while performing or any other random issue. you have tried clearing the cache and factory reset. nothing seems to works out, then the last option is to install stock firmware on galaxy s9. your phone will be new as you picked it out of its box. flashing a firmware also works as a seal for software issues. if you have installed stock firmware on galaxy s9 and still some feature is broken or not working properly then it is a hardware issue. you need to get it to repair shop to get it fixed or look into hardware components to find the fix of your problem.
in the first method, we will use odin which is an official tool that is used to flash stock and custom roms onto android smartphones. if you are not familiar with odin or you are not comfortable using it, jump to the next method that uses samsung’s smartswitch to install the firmware. it is actually the recommended method of doing this. although, the process to install stock firmware on galaxy s9 using odin is not that hard even if it is your first time. you just have to follow the steps mentioned in this guide.
how to install stock firmware on galaxy s9 or s9+
- download samsung drivers for windows
- download Odin v3.13.1 (24 downloads) for windows
- download stock firmware for your samsung galaxy s9 or s9+ via the table below
- your phone should be charged ≥ 40%
- while you use odin, make sure samsung kies is off and not running in the background
- enable usb debugging:
- settings -> about device -> tap on build number 7 times
- settings -> developer options -> turn on usb debugging
first, download and install samsung usb drivers on your pc. if you have been using your phone with your pc and accessing the data present in it then most probably you will have these drivers on your pc.
next, download the right firmware from the link above to flash on your phone. if your phone is carrier free and it is not branded then download and flash an unbranded firmware of your country. if your phone is branded and supports a carrier then install the exact same carrier and country’s firmware that your phone already has. it is fine to download and flash any unbranded firmware on unbranded galaxy s9. if you install exactly the same firmware of the same country on your galaxy s9 then the data present in it won’t be lost even after installing stock firmware.
- the first step is to turn off your galaxy s9 and connect it to your pc using a data cable.
- now put your phone into download mode by pressing and holding bixby, power, and volume down buttons. when you see a warning on the screen of your phone release the buttons.
- press volume up button to proceed to download mode.
- now open odin on your pc and connect your phone to your pc using the orignal data cable.
- you will see your phone has a connection with your pc. the id:com on odin will change to blue. (if the color didn’t change, then the pc has failed to recognize your phone. make sure you have installed the right drivers and the drivers were installed successfully. sometimes the fault lies in the usb cable)
- after your phone is connected. click on pda or on some odin versions it is ap.
- now select the .tar or .tar.md5 file from the files in extracted firmware.
- make sure only auto reboot and f.reset time are checked in the options tab of odin.
- now if everything is ready. press on start.
- it will take around 10 minutes to install stock firmware on galaxy s9. if the flashing is unsuccessful due to some reason. then try with some other version of odin.
- finally, if the flashing is successful. your phone will reboot and it will have the official stock firmware of samsung.
method 2: how to install stock firmware on galaxy s9 with smartswitch
samsung’s new smartphones support smartswitch. it works great for backing up your phone’s data to your pc as well as using it to install/flash firmware on your galaxy s9/s9+. only the latest samsung smartphones such as the note 8, galaxy s7, s8, s8+, s9, and s9+ are supported.
the process is pretty easy, just follow the steps below:
- download smart switch from the official website and install it on your windows, linux or mac.
- once installed. open it and connect your s9 to your pc using a data cable.
- the smart switch will recognize your phone.
- now you will have an option to install stock firmware on your phone using emergency software recovery and initialisation.
- now select software update and initialisation.
- the smart switch will itself find the latest suitable firmware for your galaxy s9 and install in on your phone, just follow the on-screen instructions.
- once installed your phone will reboot. know that you will lose all your data present on your phone using this method. you can also backup all your data using smart-switch on your windows pc. once you are done with installing the firmware on your s9, you can use this software to restore all your data back to your phone.
that’s all on how to install stock firmware on galaxy s9 or s9+. if you have any confusion or questions regarding the guide above. feel free to contact me using the comments below. if this guide worked for you and solved issues in your galaxy s9 do drop feedback.